AWS Hostmaster & App Assistance Specialist
Educational Resources is seeking a versatile web hosting professional to provide monthly support and assistance in building and maintaining its Amazon Web Services (AWS) hosted application environment.
The successful candidate will have proven experience maintaining and building out scaled, highly available, hosted application environments using an array of AWS technologies including EC2, RDS, EBS, CDN, S3, Route53, and IAM.
The responsibilities of the job include:
- assist Educational Resources development staff with data and content imports and migrations
- help optimize monthly hosting costs balancing expected usage and resource allocations
- set up policies and procedures for insuring applicaiton availability during usage surges
- conduct periodic environment stress tests using Blitz or similar application testing tools/services
- assist with traffic and use analysis
- set up policies and procedures for improving application logging and performance analysis
- assist in securing both applications and the hosting environment itself with SSL certificates, IAM policies, etc.
- on-call assistance in the event of an application outage or service unavailability
- ability to work in an hours-flexible manner at a rate currently predicted to range between 15 and 25 hours/month
- ability to take on additional tasks as required.
- 2+ years direct experience working with AWS technologies
- strong scripting skills (bash shell and Windows .bat); including experience using AWS command line tools
- experience managing and maintaining hosting environments for high-demand web applications
- experience managing multi-zoned hosting environments
- experience with SSL certificates
- Web development using PHP, Ruby, Java, .Net or similar technology
- SQL scripting / DBA Skills
About Educational Resources: Educational Resources has been serving the technology needs of the K-12 market for over 30 years with market leading solutions in mobile software, curriculum, and techology equipment.
If Interested Please Contact Us HERE